Friday, October 26

everything is wet

I can only imagine this is what it feels like at times in the Pacific Northwest. It has been gray, cold, and wet for a week. There is only so much anyone can stand of this.
And, my child NEEDS to go outside and play! Everyone is tired of the rain. It is bad enough that we skipped right over Fall
(okay we had a couple of great days, i.e. the trip to the zoo) and went right to winter, but enough with the rain!
Carly has been asking for a week if we could go pick out pumpkins.
"Sure Sweetie, one afternoon when it is not raining"
A week is a LONG time when you want to do something especially when there are reminders everyday. Yes, we could have gone to THE superstore and bought pumpkins, but I really like going to a pumpkin stand or patch and picking out pumpkins of different shapes and sizes.
Well and of course taking pictures.
.....
Fine - I give up.
.....
What do you do when you need to do an outside activity and it will not stop raining.
I guess just embrace it and move on?
.....
.....

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Love the pumpkin-patch-in-the-rain pics! That outing will always be a fun memory for sure and it looks like you both had fun and got cute pics to boot!

Keetha said...

I cannot get over how much she looks like you!

And also - we have had blue skies and fall weather since Saturday. I hope up that way you have as well. Yesterday we had a trunk or treat at my church. The child brought home a ton 'o candy. Tonight? Pumpkin carving.

I love fall.