Sunday, April 6

Verona, Italy

We stayed in a wonderful little hotel
around the corner from the Piazza Bra'
which is dominated by the Verona Roman Arena.
I failed to take a picture of our room,
but the hotel owner described it as the romantic room.
Kenny said we were in the attic. I thought it had wonderful charm.
.....

{you know we had pizza (several actually) but this local pizzeria was one of our favorite. I had the house pizza which had spicy salami, mushrooms, artichokes, onion, mozzarella and an egg cooked in the middle. Italian pizzas are very thin covered in fabulous ingredients and the best are cooked in a wood-burning oven.}

{Italians frequently eat and drink standing up at bars. There are places that your food/drink costs more if you sit because if you sit you pay a service charge. That might be some of the answer, but I think it is just the Italian way. Our second morning in Verona, Kenny and I had breakfast standing at a bar around the corner from our hotel. Hot chocolate again and a ham/cheese panini on oh-so-yummy foccacia bread.}

{Kenny and I in the street market in Verona. It was a beautiful day and we were able to walk all over Verona including down the pedestrian-only marble street, Via Mazzini which is lined with all kinds of shops.}

I loved this....

and this....

and this...

okay, one more...

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I just love seeing all your photos-
So beautiful.

Unknown said...

i want to see more!!