Monday, December 15

advent activity - december 11

Look at Christmas Lights
......
{Here is one of those times I am so glad that I pack Carly's countdown box full of activities. I would never have left the house to ride around town and look at decorations. There were dirty dishes, dirty clothes, a report for work, and a hot bath calling my name. But, if you put it in the countdown box, Carly will hold you to it. It makes sure we fit in all the holiday fun. So we put on some warm comfy clothes, stopped by the coffee shop for a cocoa for me and an apple cider for Carly and hit the streets}
Two posts in one.
The SPT challenge this week is ...."my Christmas is filled with comfort".
Comfort could be the fuzzy green jacket, or the hot cocoa, or my seat warmer, but it's really all about being able to spend quality time with my family. That fills my Christmas with comfort.

10 comments:

Nonnas News said...

What fun! What is today's activity? I used to have a countdown calendar for my kids when they were little, they loved it and each day had a special surprise in it for them.

Jill said...

How funny to think of you as having a seat warmer in Mississippi!

We haven't gone to look at the lights yet, but that's something we usually do. I like the idea of doing that with hot chocolate.

Susan said...

Looks like you were having a fun time!!!...we need to put that on our to do list....if it would just warm up past 2 degrees!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't wait until we're all feeling better so we can take Tater Tot on a drive to see the lights! He's a little over two, so he'll love it!

Amy said...

Such a cute picture of you two cute girls!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you 2. Continue on the fun!

Cecilia said...

How fun! You 2 are so cute! I'm sure Carly will always remember the Holidays, thanks to her AWESOME Mom!

Ann On and On... said...

I'm so happy nothing stopped you from "building memories" or sharing that special time. It is hard to walk away from dishes, laundry....on and on, but the reality is nothing is more important than living your life to the fullest with kids/family.

Lene said...

Such a cute picture.

It is so hard to sometimes walk away from all that 'stuff' and do the'stuff' that really matters.

The Monkeys said...

Yum, cocoa. definitely comforting.