Sunday, December 14

advent activity - december 8

Go to a Christmas Parade
......

{Carly and I went to the local small-town Christmas parade. It was 41 degrees when the parade started and 38 when we got back to the car. Carly had taken her hat off to use as a sack to hold the candy and goodies they were throwing from the floats}

{there were lots of Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, churches, fire trucks (glad there were no fires in the county), police, horses, motorcycles, a couple marching bands and of course Santa}

{I had to take a picture of this guy. He cracked me up - he was geared up like he was at the Macy's parade selling his wares.}

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Great advent activity idea. . .my kids would love this but I am a party pooper when it comes to parades. The only Mardi Gras parade my kids have been to is Mardi Paws, the local dog parade.

calista said...

Gotta love a parade. You know you live in a small town when they have 41 tractors in 12 varieties in the Christmas parade. I was on the Yogi Bear float. Hope you all had fun!!

By the way, love the Kid Christmas party idea, and I believe I know one of those girls.....

Melinda said...

That is quite the display of things to sell. Wow, that is crazy. How fun to have a Christmas parade.

Jill said...

I'm impressed with all the fun things you're doing this Christmas. I really need to go online and find some local things to help expand my kids' horizons because we just tend to do the things we're obligated to do and then we stay home the rest of the time.