Monday, May 11

crawfish boil

{D and Josh - the guest of honor}
.
Josh has made it back to Clarksdale. We haven't seen him in about 2 years. The navy has been keeping him busy. He has done his time in Japan and is ready for a move to Korea. D and Celeste threw a party to welcome him back. There was family, some family friends and some of Josh's friends from college. There was lots of crawfish and fixin's as well as lots of ice cold beer. The rain held off for most of the day while we enjoyed eating and hanging out catching up with each other.
{dinner's cooking - it smells fabulous}
.

{co-cooker....the one with the heavy hand with the spices}

.
{D, Beege, Kenny, and Josh}
.

{dig in - the first pot is ready}

{Carly making friends}

7 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

This is something we just don't have in Indiana - - - a crawfish boil. I am a total crawfish boil ignoramous. I would, however, LOVE to give it a try some day - - -

Unknown said...

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL..KIM SUE AND KENNY WERE A HUGE HELP...WE HAD FAMILY TIME AND FRIEND TIME AS WELL...
I LOVE YOU GUYS..

Unknown said...

i've never done crawfish, but we LOVE a good *low county* boil! and it's all good when you're with friends :)

Jill said...

I know it's just wrong, but the crawfish look like something I'd encounter on Fear Factor of The Amazing Race. I'm such a wussy eater.

Melinda said...

Are crawfish like shrimp? That is what they remind me of. I can't eat them with their heads still on. Jason would have to take them apart for me but so worth it! Glad you had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

I'm a seafood lover! this makes me starve..haha! -Cris

Natasha said...

Jill'c comment is cracking me up. I say YUMMY!!!!!!