Wednesday, January 28
Monday, January 26
at 8:26 PM
Friday, January 23
It took almost 101 tries to get a decent SP of us because she is a goose!
at 1:46 PM
Sunday, January 18
The theme this year was Mardi Gras. The entrance was decorated like Bourbon Street. Huge pieces of scenery that looked like the buildings along the street and street performers (musicians, mimes, living statues) scattered throughout.
More street entertainment. They were "selling" newspapers. Sidenote: They had a little tip jar (part of the decoration) and some of the guests actually left tips. The kids gave their tips back to the Community Foundation. I thought that was really sweet.
at 8:39 PM
Saturday, January 17
- super creative
- makes great stationery
- excellent teacher
- loves "her" kids
- super generous aunt
- gives great gifts
- loves cold pizza for breakfast
- gave up sodas
- makes the best tea
- and desserts
- and sausage balls
- but pretends she doesn't cook
- she always brings the paper products
- doesn't like tomatoes
- or sea food
- a bargain finder
- loves sonic ice almost as much as me
- loves cute pink pigs
- and cute frogs
- but not real frogs
- loves magazines
- and books
- but not books where someone dies
- can find just about anything on the internet
- does not talk on the phone
- has lots of fleece
- and pajama bottoms
- and fleece pajama bottoms :o)
- likes to watch Dancing with the Stars
- Sex in the City
- and vintage Cosby Show
at 2:50 PM
Friday, January 16
Tuesday, January 13
Sunday, January 11
A quote that sums up my struggle.........
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve my world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." E.B. White
- Enjoy - to take pleasure in (appreciate, delight in, like, live, love)
- Enjoy - to have the benefit of or use of (be blessed, experience, hold)
- Enjoy - to receive pleasure from (relish, savor, appreciate)
I resolve to take the opportunity to enjoy life.
I resolve to make opportunities to enjoy life.
I resolve to enjoy the opportunities I have in life.
I resolve to recognize the things in life that I enjoy.
I resolve to enjoy small moments in life.
I resolve to enjoy life as it is.
at 1:07 PM
Saturday, January 10
Peer pressure finally got me and I went to check out Facebook. I told myself I didn't have to committ. I could walk away at anytime. Right.
at 8:58 AM
Tuesday, January 6
Lelly says.........."i love a new year. i love the chance to start over. and i know you do, too!! so, if you've been absent from spt, or if you haven't gotten up the nerve to link up, or if you are lurking and haven't yet picked up that camera, now is the time to come along! how about you make a resolution to join in the fun?"
at 4:27 PM
Sunday, January 4
- Born Standing Up by Steve Martin....I managed to miss out on Steve Martin during his decade (as he called it) the 70's. I didn't grow up watching Saturday Night Live and I have never seen "The Jerk". But, I really enjoyed this story about Steve Martin's persistence to develop his own style of comedy ("what if there were no punch lines?) and to become a great comedian. It makes me want to search out some of his stand up acts like "Wild and Crazy Guy".
- Christmas Train by David Baldacci....Good story for the Christmas season. A huge departure from Baldacci's typical fast paced mysteries but more like a Hallmark Channel holiday special. It was cute, full of colorful characters, and still had some twists.
- Thriller:Stories to Keep You Up All Night by various authors...Great collection of 30 mysteries/thriller short stories. James Patterson wrote an intro to each story which connected most of the stories to characters from the authors' other books. And, on top of enjoying the short stories, I now have a list of 27 new authors to explore!
- Letter from Point Clear by Dennis McFarland...Recommended by my friend Keetha, I enjoyed this book full of complex characters and even more complex relationships. A story centered around 3 adult siblings and their growing pains. It is also fun to read a book set in an area that you know and can imagine the characters sitting on the sun porch of their fabulous waterfront cottage.
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall....I got caught at Mom and Dad's over Christmas after I had finished the book I brought without anything else to read. And as my sister said in surprise, I didn't get any reading material in my stocking. Carly on the other hand got several new books in her stocking so I swipped one of hers. This is a super cute kids' book and Carly will really like it when she gets to it. It is a story about 4 sisters' summer stay in a cottage behind a mansion. The author's description is "a summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits and a very interesting boy".
at 3:30 PM
Saturday, January 3
at 2:41 PM
at 9:37 AM
at 9:07 AM